Saturday 17 December 2011

Pleney is up and running......sort of

Just quick catch up! I had my lesson in Avoriaz on Thursday and it went very well. I was learning how to just control the board with my legs and not keep throwing my weight backwards and forwards, Our instructor got us to go down with our hands behind our backs and it was hard to start with I can tell you. I got the hang of it though in the end, so he moved me onto to trying to learn some buttering. I still have a way to go with this but it was nice for him to push me onto something else. We went up Tour for most of the day and kept on running down some really nice blues. The wind was horrific though and really the lesson should have been cancelled. I was heading along a flat section and remember being stopped dead by the wind and then having to duck to save myself from being blown over, ridiculous! We were boarding blind for most of the afternoon so I should be a frikkin pro soon I've earnt it haha!!

Yesterday for the first time in a long time the entire piste was shut down. We had a massive snow storm which dumped a ridiculous amount, which I suppose is a good thing. We have at least a further 30cm today and it's still going strong! Hope it clears up a bit tomorrow though because it;s my day off so more time to play.




I went up the Pleney today as this is the day it was due to open. The que to get up was enormous so when I finally got to the top I just went down the first run I saw and took a blue which led to the Belvedere. When I got off that I had no idea where to go because of course I forgot to pick up a new piste map, so I ended up taking a green which was such a big mistake. I took Piste B down to the Mouilles, that was a nice run. The weather was setting in again so I just made a run (or stumble) for the botto, so took Piste D and went off. They had shut off both home runs but I thought meh I'll give one a go, but foolishly took the red down. I was catching my edge and face planting the whole way down literally disappearing in snow tee hee! I got tired near the bottom and was a bit bored of being over taken so I sat on the board and sledged the rest of the way down, falling once more for good measure. I don't think I'll try going up the Pleney again until I know for sure more run's are open becuase it was very hard getting around.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Laney babe! You are seriously turning me over to having a go at boarding...sounds like fun! Keep up the good work hunnie. Can't wait for the nest thrilling instalment! J :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete