Tuesday 31 January 2012

Friends Friends Friends!!!

I'm so sorry I've not blogged in ages!! I've been mental busy seeing two sets of mates visiting from England and been loving every minute of it! This is going to be a brief description of what's happened over the past couple of weeks so here we go!

The first group to come out to Morzine were the Jackrabbitt's! A fantastic group of mates I met while studying at Cumbria University, and really the whole reason why I can even ride a snowboard. It was so nice to have some familiar face's around the resort I really do miss it now!


These guys really hit it hard, going everywhere from Fornet to Linderets and then Chaux Fleurie, on and off piste, airbag, The Stash, Les Gets, Chatel....everywhere really..... honestly after that week my legs were shattered! It was so great to ride with them though and for the first time EVER I was not only keeping up, but keeping to the front of the group. I couldn't believe it, and honestly I think I surprised some of the guys teee heee! It's nice to know I can hold my own now and keep up with everybody I can't explain how nice it was to have friends zooming back and forth around me while I was riding it was just great fun! I think I had a smile permenantly on my face for the whole of that week, thank you guys so much for making it so fun, I miss you already!!! I remember a funny moment with Napper coming down a tree run into Ardent which turned into the cliff face of doom run. It got steeper and steeper to the point we were scootching under tree's, I couldn't stop laughing, what an adventure haha!



I do remember I had a spectacular fall in Les Gets where I was bombing down what I believe was a red run with everyone, and decided to turn quick onto my toes whilst heading over a ridge on the piste. It's one of those decisions where when your zooming along on ice on your heel and you think I'll either fall now or I can try and get out of it.....bad move! It ended up in me flying onto my shoulder and spinning around into a snowball! My right arm went numb for a bit but I think it was ok just a bit battered and shocked, apparently it looked good so I guess thats all that counts! However my shoulder had not seen the end of its hard times......


The following week I then had a fabulous visit from my ex work collegue Adam! I managed to get a full 3 days totally off work for holiday so I spent them trying to get Adam up to speed as much as his body would let him. I may have shouted 'TURN!!!' one too many times but I think by the end of the week he was really getting it YAY!! You can totally see an improvement as the week went on, good job dude! I'll ignore that one crazy flip you had on Tetraz where you caught your back edge out of nowhere and sent youself flying, that fall still baffles me but I'm glad you kept all of your limbs!! I'm also very happy to know Adam that you've now seen '10 Things I Hate About You', possibly the best film in the world!! Remember, stay upbeat, haha!!


I do think I managed to put Adam of ever wanting to head down The Stash in his life again! He was trying to film me jumping over what I'm going to call the 'spine', but it went horribly wrong. I picked up far too much speed and popped off it so much higher than I thought I would. I have very little control when I jump at the moment so all I could think of doing was landing on my butt, however I twisted and all the force of the drop went up through my arm to my shoulder by which point it went POP! I screamed and shouted for my arm not to be broken which thankfully it wasn't, but my god it was a scary moment. Sorry Adam but thank you for being my first aid'er!

Now everybody's gone work is getting back to normal. We have a group in from Newcastle this week so the accent is starting to rub off on me and Chris a bit. Got a day off tomorrow so thinking of hitting some more tree runs hopefully! I have uploaded a quick (possibly rubbish) video of my trying to get town the tree run on Tetraz so please check it out and giggle lots!!!





1 comment:

  1. Feelin a bit honoured to get a pic on the blog here, thanks! Just going through the pics and vids from the week I was there... I want to still be on holiday.

    ReplyDelete